On the 20th of March, our Ordinary General Meeting will take place: it's one of just two General Meetings that call together all our members every year. The society's Constitution will be discussed and Elections will take place. Plus, there'll be a free dinner beforehand! 😀
If you're a member of MonUCS, YOU have a say in the running of the society and we want you to be there! See you for dinner and discussion!
Here's what you need to know:
1) To vote, you need to be: a) a paid member for 7 days or more. b) a Clayton student. c) over 18 years old. d) your membership hasn't been suspended.
2) If you can't come in person, you can 'attend' the meeting by Skype or phone call if absolutely necessary. OR... you can send a proxy! This is someone who agrees to vote on your behalf. No person can be a proxy for more than 2 other people. To get a proxy, fill out the form attached and send it back to us no less than 72 hrs before the OGM.
3) In order for the meeting to go ahead, we will need a minimum of 15 voters present, so make sure you come along!
4) To keep the meeting orderly and concise (more time for singing is a win), we will have an Agenda of what will be discussed, which will be in an email.
In brief, it contains: Attendance/Apologies, Minutes of Previous GM, President's Report (and discussion thereof), Treasurer's Report (and discussion thereof), Proposed Changes to the Constitution (including schedule change already voted in by committee), Fresher Rep(s) Election, Other Business (this is the forum bit where the members can talk about stuff).
5) We will be holding Elections! If you want to run for office, you need to send an Expression of Interest (a.k.a. EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The roles available are for 2 Fresher Representatives and the Concert Manager.
6) The Returning Officer will be Jessica Donker, as she is the Secretary. If you have more questions about the OGM, feel free to ask her or any other committee member.