To keep in line with COVID-Safe requirements, the Monash University Choral Society (MonUCS) will be holding auditions for a small chamber choir in semester one 2021 in place of our usual larger choir. There is no requirement to read music in order to audition, however a good ear and the ability to learn new music quickly is advantageous.
Time: 6pm – 9pm
Date: Tuesday 2nd March
Place: Religious Centre, Monash Uni Clayton Campus
If you are unable to attend a live audition, you may submit a recorded audition video.
Auditions will include
- A short prepared lyrical piece
- A simple aural test
- A range test
- Applicants should prepare one self-selected lyrical piece, not more than 5 minutes in length.
- Registration closes at 11:59pm, Sunday 28th February 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
- An accompanist will be provided for auditions if requested. All sheet music should be uploaded via the registration form or forwarded to committee at email@example.com prior to the audition date so the accompanist can prepare. You may also choose to perform unaccompanied or with a backing track.
- A bluetooth speaker will be provided for applicants using backing tracks. Applicants should bring a bluetooth compatible device for accompaniment.
- Applicants may choose to submit a recorded audition video if they are unable to attend campus on the audition date and time. The name and composer of the chosen piece must be named at the beginning of the video, and recordings must be done all in one take. No editing of the video is allowed.
- Successful applicants should be prepared to commit to weekly Tuesday rehearsals during semester one and concert week performances in mid-May.